Sandia Mountains

Sandia Mountains
Sandia Mountains by Miriam Hall

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ditch Wisdom

I've especially enjoyed my walks on the ditch this week. Last week I didn't take a walk for 4 days. I felt the absence of my walks in my body and soul. I usually take 2 walks, in the morning and evening, that frame my day. Walking on the ditch grounds me. I have a walking meditation that I do while I walk. I also ground myself in gratitude. The more I'm grateful for the more I'm amazed at the beauty around me. Today it was the breeze that cooled me and rustled the leaves of the trees I walked beneath. I took time to stand on a bridge. Listening to and watching the water that flowed by had a calming effect on me. Earlier this week on my walk I noticed the grass in the field had been cut and the field was being irrigated. I went home to get my camera and took a picture and video of what I saw. The next day the grass (or hay) had been baled. I'm posting these images and a few more from my walks on the ditch.

Today as I walked I noticed a baby toad hopping across the ditch. There have been times on my walks that I have seen turtles, snakes, hawks, roadrunners, dragonflies, and all sorts of wildlife crossing the ditch (even a coyote). Sometimes I feel like a child. I'm in a state of wonder.

I am thankful to the ditch for all the wisdom it has shared with me.

I'm looking forward to my next walk.












   
  
Irrigating the field from Miriam Hall on Vimeo.

Water on the Ditch from Miriam Hall on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment