Sandia Mountains

Sandia Mountains
Sandia Mountains by Miriam Hall

Monday, August 20, 2012

Hints of Autumn

I took a nice walk with my dogs on the ditch this morning. There was a flock of geese in the nature preserve. Further along on the east side of the ditch I saw a tree with leaves that had completely turned. Hints of autumn remind me to hurry up and enjoy what's left of summer(however I do like this cooler weather we have been having).On the corner of one house I discovered a lovely cluster of sunflowers and a datura plant. As I walked further north I saw several abundant fruit trees in one yard. A pear tree, laden with fruit, had a grape vine wound around it. Along the way I met several dog walkers and had some nice conversations. On my return home I saw a crabapple tree laden with fruit. I can imagine how happy the birds must be with all this abundance. What a wonderful way to start the day.


Geese in the Candelaria Nature Preserve

Fall leaves 

Sunflower 

One sunflower stalk with many blossoms

Red and yellow sunflowers

Datura stramonium

Pear tree with grape vines

Judith with her dog Tock, Connie with her dog Flint and Beth with her dog Zeke

Crab apple tree

No comments:

Post a Comment