Sandia Mountains

Sandia Mountains
Sandia Mountains by Miriam Hall

Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Letter to Maisie


Dear Maisie,

I remember the day I brought you home from the pound, curled in a ball and nonresponsive.  You stayed that way for weeks! I had to bring you food and water.  I had to carry you outside to go to the bathroom--it broke my heart to see how you trembled when you were in the yard.  

I promised you I would care for you even if you never, ever responded to me.

Over time our wonderful cat, Blackie, worked his magic and brought you back to life.

We’ve been together for 7 years now; what a privilege it has been to get to know your kind and gentle spirit, and watch you learn to trust and love the world.

I love you, little Mai!  Thank you for coming into my life!

Sandra



Maisie

Maisie

No comments:

Post a Comment