Sandia Mountains

Sandia Mountains
Sandia Mountains by Miriam Hall

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Cranes are here!

For the past few weeks I've seen and heard the cranes flying overhead, however today I saw them on the ground. Also this morning the main field of Candelaria Nature Preserve was flooded. The geese and ducks were having a great time in what looked like a wetland. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning. The balloons were out as well. The colors seemed brighter and richer making me want to stay out all day.                                                                                                                                          

Yesterday I took a three hour nature walk. It was the last day of the Balloon Fiesta. I woke up to see the balloons right above the field north of my house. There were also a few balloons that flew directly over me, they were so close I felt like I could touch them. On my walk I met many new people walking their dogs. One nice lady, Gloria, was visiting her daughter who goes to school at UNM.  She was walking an adorable Maltese named Osito. We walked quite a ways together and met several other dogs and their owners. When I came home I sat in my garden and enjoyed the beautiful flowers and fall leaves that surrounded me. I will be sad when the cold weather comes and takes all the color away but for now I'm enjoying these glorious fall days.



Sandhill Cranes  in the wildlife preserve

Add caption

A balloon over the bosque

Canada geese and ducks in the Candelaria Nature Preserve looking east

Geese and ducks in the nature preserve looking north

View of the preserve from the ditch looking west

The irrigation ditch looking south

Balloons over the preserve looking north

A balloon over the nature preserve

A balloon above my house

Rick with his dog Gizmo

Gizmo

Maggie and Allin with their dogs Nuli and Moxie

Nuli and Moxie

Maria with her dog Gwen Marie

Gwen Marie

Avis, Stewart, Nathalie and Pam with their dogs Ringo and Kenzie

Ringo and Kenzie

Ruth with her dog Harley and Ellen with her dog Dunsen

Dunsen

Harley

Gloria with her dog Osito

Kelly with her dog Tate

Tate and Osito

Gloria with her dog Osito and Liz with her dog Maisy

Maisy

Fall leaves on the ditch

A Japanese Scholar tree in my backyard

Fall leaves in my garden

A zinnia flower in my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment