Sandia Mountains

Sandia Mountains
Sandia Mountains by Miriam Hall

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Coyotes, Geese and Cranes

This morning I took a long walk with my dogs. The weather was amazing like it has been the last three days. The light illuminated the landscape and enriched the yellow of the trees and the blue of the water and sky. I love the reflections of the sky and landscape in the ditch water.  I tried again to capture the gorgeous golden tree on the ditch that I posted yesterday. My walk was a feast for the eyes, a healing meditation for my soul.
When I arrived on the west side of the Nature Preserve I spotted a coyote watching the geese and cranes near him in the field. The geese were honking wildly in warning as the coyote approached. I watched the coyote get pretty close to the geese but none of them flew away. The cranes were silhouetted against the field with the coyote and geese in the background. It was a beautiful image and I felt privileged to observe it.
On my way home I got a few good shots of the roadrunner hunting.











No comments:

Post a Comment