Sandia Mountains

Sandia Mountains
Sandia Mountains by Miriam Hall

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Diverse Life on the Ditch

     The past few weeks have been very eventful on the ditch. I have met a lot of new dogs and their owners. I've also met a man walking his horse and a couple foraging for wild spinach and asparagus. The couple gave me a recipe for cooking spinach using pequin chiles and lime juice. Last night I tried their suggestion with a few changes: I sauteed garlic and a few chiles in olive oil, added fresh spinach and tossed it in the oil and then added the lime juice, it was delicious. Below are a few photos of what I've seen on my walks this month.

A double rainbow after last Saturday's storm

Carlos and Marlene foraging for wild spinach

Robert with his son's horse Mercury


Shash and Poco


Baby toad on the ditch

Hawk?



Kelly and Hershey

Jeanne with her dogs Susie, Teeka and Midnight

Midnight and Teeka

Cathy with Penny and Evalyn

Penny

Rick with his dog Satchel

Satchel

Jeffrey with his dogs Little Man and One Way

Little Man and One Way

Little Man

One Way

Kizzy

Penny

Pippo

Bigio

Duke

Jack

Microft


Sherry walking Martha's dogs Charlie and Hannah

Pat with her dog Pakhet (the name of an Egyptian desert goddess).
Pakhet is a Basengi Terrier mix and is a rescue dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment